Pink Alpaca

Saturday, October 21, 2006

Guess who I met today?

Hubby and I went to Granbury today to attend their autumn festival, and you'll never believe who we got to meet:



Peter Mayhew! Chewbacca!

We had just arrived at the festival in the downtown square. We were heading into the craft/food booths when hubby said, "Kara, it's Peter Mayhew!"

We walked over to his booth and saw that we could get a photo with him - autographed - for only $20. We couldn't pass that up. We sat down, his wife took the pic, and we visited with him for a bit while we waited for it to print. I'd heard that he was a shy guy and it's true. But he was really kind and seemed to be enjoying the afternoon. His booth wasn't swamped with people. I'm sure it'd be worse at a Star Wars convention. But this was relaxed and a lot of fun.

Chewy. In Granbury, Texas. How cool is that?

2 Comments:

  • At 11:30 PM, Blogger Plum Texan said…

    That's awesome! And how cute are you two? :) Didn't realize you were in that neck of the woods. I used to live in FW...not too far, I think?

     
  • At 9:56 AM, Blogger Bashirs Momma said…

    Hey! Wow! Hubby and I met Peter Mayhew a few years at an upstate NY con. Neat!

    I found your blog through the MD-KAL. I like your blog a lot, and your knits!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home