Pink Alpaca

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Aloha bib

I already posted this on the Mason-Dixon Knit-a-long, but here it is just in case you're not a reader of that blog.

This is my second bib, created for some family friends of ours. My husband's former boss is going to be a dad for the 4th time , and they know that it will be a boy. (Four children ages 7 and younger! Oi!) So, to celebrate, I picked out some bright orange and blue from my stash and set to work.



The yarn is Needful Yarns' Kim, which I believe is 55% cotton and 45% acrylic. I've made a ballband cloth from it and after two months of use it's holding up well. The colors are losing their luster but I think it's due to our ridiculously hard water. But it dries quickly so that's a plus.

I used US size 5 needles and it helped my slipped stitches to stay tight and uniform. They were getting loose and bunchy with a 6.

The button is special because my husband collects Hawaiian shirts (aka Aloha Shirts). I found the button in a tropical-themed pack at Michaels. I think it'll make them smile. :)

2 Comments:

  • At 6:01 AM, Blogger bethc said…

    So cute! I really like the way those colors work with the slip stitching.

     
  • At 1:08 PM, Blogger Anne Margaret said…

    Hey Kara!

    Thanks for your comments over at www.tentenspot.blogspot.com. Hope the Lookie Loo works out for you. Let me know when you post a picture!

    I LOVE the button on this bib!! Great story, too! Great fun for little ones.

    I saw your entry on the Texas washcloth. I was so peeved when I looked up our state of Virginia on the list. Very unattractive. Texas is the only state that doesn't get the state initials on the washcloth - the initials really make the cloth look so, well, ugly! Texas - gets all the attention!!

    Happy knittin',
    Anne Margaret

     

Post a Comment

<< Home