Pink Alpaca

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Why knit when you can go to the Fair?

I haven't had much to post lately, as far as knitting is concerned. I finished another bib but it's not much different from the last one. I'm working on a cool purse, though:


I bought the yarn with the intent of knitting something for myself. I have a habit of finishing something, then thinking, "so-and-so would really like this...", and then I can't help but give it away.

We went to the State Fair of Texas the other day. I absolutely love the fair. Where else can you go for fried pralines and a life-sized butter sculpture of Marilyn Monroe?



We also saw the Cardstacker, the guy who holds various world records for stacking playing cards. He was recreating the Dallas skyline (indoors, not out in the wind) and it was awesome. We played some midway games and watched some vendors peddle their wares. The Sushi Master was pretty neat, even though I'm not a fan of sushi. I have issues with cold meat/fish.

I tried the Fried Coke but wasn't super-impressed. Yeah, Fried Coke. Basically they made doughnut holes with Coke in the batter, then covered them with Coke syrup, strawberry syrup, whipped cream and cinnamon. It was tasty, but I was disappointed that I couldn't taste the Coke in the dough.

If you go, try the fried pralines. They're scrumptious. Fried batter goodness on the outside, gooey praline in the center. Mmm.

1 Comments:

  • At 6:57 AM, Blogger Plum Texan said…

    That yarn is gorgeous! My hubby was telling me about the fried Coke - apparently it's news-making stuff, but I was pretty skeptical. Pralines, though...oh my. *fans*

     

Post a Comment

<< Home