Pink Alpaca

Friday, August 04, 2006

Yee haw

I wasn't feeling well today so I took advantage of my lethargy and spent a couple hours on the couch watching tv and knitting...



A Texas face cloth. I'd discovered this item over on the Yarn Harlot's blog. Her book tour took her to Austin last weekend, and one of her readers, Susan, knitted the cloth while in line to have her book signed. I just had to have it! I contacted Susan via her blog, and she sent me the link to the pattern over at knittingknonsense.com.

I need to go buy some red and navy cotton and make some more of these. Hubby suggested I rework the pattern to put a lone star in the state. I'd like to rework it so that it's in seed stitch rather than garter, but don't know when I'll feel that ambitious.

Sugar 'N Cream Cotton in Ecru, US size 6 needles

1 Comments:

  • At 8:34 PM, Blogger Plum Texan said…

    Sorry you didn't feel well, but...this looks fantastic! And it looks like my tweak worked, too. Yay!

    My original plan was actually to "freestyle" a Texas flag, and then I found this pattern. I think seed stitch would look great too! I also think your hubby's idea was a good one. If nothing else, maybe duplicate-stitch one in...

    I've also decided that I'm going to expand this into a throw pattern at some point. Aaaand that I'm a bit obsessed with the whole thing. :)

    - Sus

     

Post a Comment

<< Home