Pink Alpaca

Friday, May 12, 2006

Picking up stitches II

Ok, here's how I pick up stitches on a garter stitch piece. But, keep in mind that I learned by piecing together info from some books and online videos. I could be wrong. If I am wrong, someone please let me know so that won't embarrass myself in my knitting group! :)


Basically, I stick the needle through the hole where the purple arrow is pointing, grab my yarn, and bring it back through. I haven't had trouble with loose stitches before so I don't use a smaller needle. (But thank you to the person who suggested going a size smaller. I may need that tip in the future, especially when working on things like sweaters!)

Hope this helps!

1 Comments:

  • At 6:23 AM, Blogger bethc said…

    Thanks! That's how I was doing it... When I looked closely the places I didn't like were the pick ups over the transition from a bound off edge to a garter stitch one. I think for the next one I'm going to slip one at the beginning of each row on the garter so it will be more like the cast off... We'll see! Thanks again for the great photos!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home